To open an account that fits your needs, simply schedule an appointment with a banker at your nearest branch, and bring your ID card with you.
If you are a student, bring your student card. And if you are a soldier, you will be asked to produce your military ID card (Pinkas Hoger) or draft notice.
For more details, call *8860.
What benefits do I get when I open an account?
Opening an account at Mizrahi-Tefahot entitles you to one of the following benefits:
- 3 years of full exemption from bank fees on basic transactions in your current account.
- Reimbursement of expenses of up to NIS 1,500
- A loan of up to NIS 30,000 interest and linkage free
Open an account and benefit from exclusive service
- Hybrid banking: a personal banker you can reach in any of a variety of ways you choose.
- The branch is closed? No problem, there is always someone to talk to. Our banking call center is at your service 24 hours a day, apart from the Sabbath and public holidays.
- "The Card" ["HaKartis"] – Mizrahi-Tefahot's customer club – offers you a wide range of exclusive benefits and special deals over and above the benefits granted by the credit card companies.
- "Meeting up at Mizrahi-Tefahot" ["Nifgashim beMizrahi-Tefahot"] – a variety of activities at our branches for children and adults. Guest lecturers include Michal Daliot, Yair Nitzani, Daniel Hason, and many others.
Transferring your account from another bank?
These are the documents that you will need to show when you transfer your account to us:
Pay slips for the last 3 months.
Printout of your current account statements for the last 3 months.
Printout of a direct debit authorizations report from the previous bank, such as standing orders for property tax (Arnona) and electricity bills.
Details of your investment portfolio: printout of the contents of the portfolio, such as securities, provident funds, deposits, savings, etc.
List of outstanding checks.
Details of the credit cards that are charged to your current account, and a copy of a monthly credit card transactions statement
- The benefits offered are contingent on deposit of a minimum monthly salary of NIS 7,000 for an individual or NIS 10,000 for a couple holding a joint account, and on 8 customer-originated trans.
- The three-year full exemption applies to "bank teller transaction" fees and to "direct banking transaction" fees, including the minimum fee.
- The reimbursement of expenses applies to all fees for current account, securities and foreign currency transactions, up to a maximum of NIS 500 a year, for 3 years. Statutory tax will be deduc.