We, at Mizrahi-Tefahot, use the most advanced technologies in order to ensure that your bank account details remain confidential and do not fall into the hands of unauthorized parties.
Our Direct Banking Environment, which includes the Internet Service, was awarded Information Security Management Standard ISO 27001.
Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot is the first bank in Israel to be awarded this Standard.
ISO 27001, the Information Security Management Standard, which was issued by the Standards Institute, is a certificate of excellence acknowledging Mizrahi-Tefahot regarding information security. Receiving this certificate means that the Bank meets the most stringent requirements prevailing in this field.
The issuance of the Standard is intended to direct an organization toward effective and comprehensive management of all aspects of information security and towards the implementation of appropriate controls for mitigating the many risks involved in the use of information systems in large organizations.
We ensure that your account is protected by means of:
- advanced technologies to identify penetration attempts by unauthorized users
- Encryption of data transferred from your computer to the bank's computers and back, to prevent tapping by hostile elements.
- Automatic disconnection of the system after 15 minutes of inactivity, to prevent unauthorized transactions in your account.
- Constant and continuous testing of the bank's website and comprehensive preparation for responding to data security risks.
Guidelines for Secure Usage
To safely enjoy the benefits of the Mizrahi-Tafahot Internet services, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- It is advisable to verify the identity of the bank's website upon entry. The address of the Mizrahi - Tefahot website for executing account transactions is: www.mizrahi-tefahot.co.il
- When accessing the Internet service entry page, and during use of the service, it is advisable to check several details in order to verify that the service is secure and the website you entered is actually the Mizrahi - Tefahot website and not a fraudulent website.
1. The address line begins with https://www.mizrahi-tefahot.co.il (httpS indicates that communication is encrypted).
2. A closed lock icon should appear in your browser window. This icon indicates that data transferred from your computer to the bank's computers is encrypted. It is very important to check the lock sign when accessing the service entry page, and not only after you access the service.
In the Explorer browser, the lock looks like this:
3. Double clicking the lock icon opens the digital signature certificate indicating that the website belongs to Mizrahi-Tefahot.
- It is advisable to close any open browsers when using Mizrahi-Tefahot Internet services.
- For your convenience, the date and time you last entered the site are displayed. For example:
- It is important to make sure you disconnect when you have completed use of the service by pressing the Exit button located in the toolbar on the upper part of the page.
Protective Measures on your Computer
- It is advisable to properly install and use a security package by a recognized company to secure your personal computer.
- We recommend that you use security package wisely.
- If a file sharing application of any kind is installed on your computer, you must verify that personal data is not saved or shared on your computer.
Using Passwords Correctly
- You must access the service using your initial password within 30 days of receiving it, and replace it with your own password
- After replacing the initial password with a personal one, you have to log in using the new password within 180 days, or it will be blocked.
- It is advisable to use a quality password that can not be easily guessed. The password must be composed of at least 6 characters, with at least 2 letters and 2 digits. It is recommended that a quality password includes some special symbols, such as: @ - ! - $.
- It is advisable that your password should not contain personal details: first name, family name, date of birth, ID number, bank account number, sequence of numbers, etc.
- Incorrect entry of the password 5 times in a row will result in blockage of the service.
- It is advisable not to use or install software on your computer that enables saving of passwords, in part or in full.
In any case you suspect unauthorized use of you bank account, please inform the bank immediately, via your preferred channel:
- Call a Mizrahi-Tefahot representative: *8860
- Call the Technical Support Center: 03-6011000 (or +972-3-6011000)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (do not provide confidential details such as your account number and name in the email message)
Information about Internet fraud (Phishing)
Recording transactions of customers in the computer systems
Mizrahi-Tefahot Bank maintains a record of all the customers’ transactions and instructions, including their contents and time, in the scope of the activity regulated by this instrument.
The record shall serve as prima facie proof of both the contents and time of the instructions. The customer shall recognise all the amounts that are debited to his account due to the implementation of the above-mentioned provisions.