We, at Mizrahi-Tefahot, use the most advanced technologies in order to ensure that your bank account details remain confidential and do not fall into the hand of unauthorized parties.
We are pleased to announce that after several months of hard work, we have successfully passed the audit of the Standards Institute, and that our Direct Banking Environment, which includes the Internet Service, was awarded Information Security Management Standard ISO 27001.
Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot is the first bank in Israel to be awarded this Standard.
ISO 27001, the Information Security Management Standard, which was issued by the Standards Institute, is a certificate of excellence for Mizrahi-Tefahot regarding information security. Receiving this certificate means that the Bank meets the most stringent requirements prevailing in this field.
The issuance of the Standard is intended to direct an organization toward effective and comprehensive management of all aspects of information security and towards the implementation of ppropriate controls for mitigating the many risks involved in the use of information systems in large organizations.
We, at Mizrahi-Tefahot, use the most advanced technologies in order to ensure that your bank account
- Use of advanced technologies to identify penetration attempts by unauthorized users.
- Encryption of data transferred from your computer to the bank's computers and back, to prevent tapping by hostile elements.
- Automatic disconnection of the system after 15 minutes of inactivity, to prevent unauthorized transactions in your account.
- Constant and continuous testing of the bank's website and comprehensive preparation for responding to data security risks.
Guidelines for Secure Usage
To safely enjoy the benefits of the Mizrahi-Tafahot Internet services, please follow the following guidelines:
- It is advisable to verify the identity of the bank's website upon entry. The address of the Mizrahi - Tefahot website for executing account transactions is: www.mizrahi-tefahot.co.il
When accessing the Internet service entry page, and during use of the service, it is advisable to check several details in order to verify that the service is secure and the website you entered is actually the Mizrahi - Tefahot website and not a fraudulent website.
2. A closed lock icon should appear in your browser window. This icon indicates that data transferred from your computer to the bank's computers is encrypted. It is very important to check the lock sign when accessing the service entry page, and not only after you access the service.
In the Explorer browser, the lock looks like this:
3. Double clicking the lock icon opens the digital signature certificate indicating that the website belongs to Mizrahi-Tefahot.
- It is advisable to close any open browsers when using Mizrahi-Tefahot Internet services.
- For your convenience, the date and time you last entered the site are displayed. For example:
Protective Measures on your Computer
- It is advisable to properly install and use a security package by a recognized company to secure your personal computer.
Using Passwords Correctly
- You must access the service using your initial password within 30 days of receiving it, and replace it with a personal password.
It is advisable to use a quality password that can not br easily guessed. The password must be composed of at least 6 characters, with at least 2 letters and 2 digits. It is recommended that a quality password include some special symbols, such as: @ - ! - $.
It is advisable that your password not contain personal details: first name, family name, date of birth, ID number, bank account number, sequence of numbers, etc.
It is advisable not to use or install software on your computer that enables saving of passwords, in part or in full.
In any case you suspect unauthorized use of you bank account, please inform the bank immediately, via your preferred channel:
Email to email@example.com
(do not provide confidential details such as your account number and name in the email message)
Recording transactions of customers in the computer systems
Mizrahi-Tefahot Bank maintains a record of all the customers’ transactions and instructions, including their contents and time, in the scope of the activity regulated by this instrument. The record shall serve as prima facie proof of both the contents and time of the instructions. The customer shall recognise all the amounts that are debited to his account due to the implementation of the above-mentioned provisions.